Some authors do not have book formatting skills so teaming up with a professional book formatter means you'll have more time for other task . Authors do not have to go through the hassle of renumbering pages chapter by chapter, setting margins, adjusting the resolution of images, auto generating the Table of Contents and other complicated features of the book formatting software. Hire a professional book formatting service that knows your publisher's specifications and guidelines.
What can a book formatter do?
- Determine the margins of your book based on its number of pages
- Fonts to be used on your book. There are appropriate fonts for each type of books.
- Setting the correct header and footer for pages. Page numbering can be really time and patience consuming
- Adjust the resolutions of your images. It must be 300 dpi or more.
- Format tables, charts, poetry, chapter titles, subtitle, headers, block quotes, footnotes or endnotes
- Generate the Table of Contents (TOC)
- PDF settings required CreateSpace, Lightning Source or your preferred printer
The above are just a few that a book formatter can do for you. There are actually a lot, depending on what type of book you have whether it’s a simple novel, colorful children’s book with lots of illustrations, magazines and other types of reading materials that requires complicated formatting. Aside from expertise in book formatting, one good reason why you should hire a book formatter is that they know the submission guidelines required by your printer or publisher. If you want to self-publish your book for CreateSpace, Lulu or Lightning Source,